Joomla! is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet. It is used all over the world for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. Joomla! is easy to install, simple to manage, and reliable. Joomla is a free and open source content management system (CMS) for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets and a model–view–controller (MVC) Web application framework that can also be used independently.
Joomla 1.5 65
Joomla 1.5 was released on January 22, 2008. The latest release of this version was 1.5.26 on March 27, 2012.
This version was the first to attain long-term support (LTS). LTS versions are released each three major or minor releases and are supported until three months after the next LTS version is released.
Since April 2012: Joomla 1.5 has reached end-of-life. Reasons for the Move:
- Security. Older extensions are often built using older and potentially unsafe coding methods.
- Support. 1.5 has a large number of older and unsupported extensions.
- End-of-life. Joomla 1.5 won't be maintained after the April end-of-life date, so it is a logical step to also stop supporting 1.5 extensions.
- Focus. Allow Joomla developers to concentrate on developing for the current Joomla 2.5 version and also for 3.0.
Joomla 1.6 14
Joomla 1.6 is the next generation of Joomla, the most popular Open Source Content Management System in the world. The broad goals of Joomla 1.6 are to:
- implement an expanded access control system;
- implement a nested categories solution;
- add admin interface improvements
- standardise the way extensions are built using the MVC framework.
Joomla 1.6 was released on January 10, 2011 and reach end of life in 2011-08-19
Joomla 1.7 was released on July 19, 2011, six months after 1.6.0. This version adds enhanced security and improved migration tools and has reach End Of Life in 2012-02-24
Social bookmarking sites generally organize their content using tags. Social bookmarking sites are an increasingly popular way to locate, classify, rank, and share Internet resources through the practice of tagging and inferences drawn from grouping and analysis of tags.
This mambot allow user to add your articles to the most famous bookmarking sites easier.
How To 16
Joomla! is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet. It is used all over the world for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. Joomla! is easy to install, simple to manage, and reliable.
previously known as
Mambo Open Source is one of the finest Open Source Web Content Management Systems available today. Mambo Open Source makes communicating and publishing via the Web easy.