The pilot must have the flying object within his field of vision at all time. Autonomous flights and flights using a first person view (FPV) are only permitted if the pilot can see the drone and is able to intervene at any time.&160; In principle, drones may not be operated either above gatherings of people or without direct eye contact. In certain exceptional cases, however, the Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA) may grant permits for such operations.
Flying drones and flight models close to airports is restricted and it is prohibited to fly them within 5 kilometers of runways.
Red zones (airport) and yellow zones (A control zone CTR or controlled traffic region) are forbidden
You can check this interactive map
CTR is a volume of controlled airspace, normally around an airport, which extends from the surface to a specified upper limit, established to protect air traffic operating to and from that airport. Because CTRs are, by definition, controlled airspace, aircraft can only fly in it after receiving a specific clearance from air traffic control. This means that air traffic control at the airport know exactly which aircraft are in that airspace, and can take steps to ensure aircraft are aware of each other, either using separation or by passing traffic information.
Drones which are more than 500gr must be insured….(Link)
Third party liability claims made by third parties on the ground must be covered by the proprietor in a third party liability insurance policy with guaranteed cover of at least one million francs.
2 Cover for third party liability claims is not required for:
- manned kites and paragliders that weigh less than 1.0 kg and that have a maximum climbing height of less than 60 m;
- tethered balloons with a load capacity of less than 0.5 kg, a load volume of less than 30 m3 and a maximum climbing height of less than 60 m;
- free-flying balloon with a load capacity of less than 0.5 kg and load volume of less than 30 m3;
- model aircraft that weigh less than 0.5 kg.
3 The third party liability insurance certificate must be carried when the aircraft are in operation.
Ask your third party liability insurance about terms and conditions.
- Flyer Drones (PDF, 590 kB, 17.06.2016)
- Bericht zivile Drohnen (only in German) (PDF, 585 kB, 10.02.2016)